Thursday 19 July 2012

Tap me up

My beloved tap has finally given up. The centre bit that pulls out like an excited donkey is really stuck, and has become stretched from being yanked. The arm that controls water flow and temperature is getting stiffer by the day. It won't be too long before something explodes and I'll be standing in a fountain of Thames Water's finest.

Fortunately these taps are pretty common now. And for something virtually identical to what we have now you can get away with spending around £50 on sale (taps always seem to be 'on sale'. So do bathrooms). The replacement tap is guaranteed for 15 years. Our current tap limped towards 5 years and we paid £90 for it (down from £160, apparently). I'm sure it's guaranteed for longer but due to various adjustments it had to endure to get fitted I'm pretty sure all guarantees are void.

Not sure if Rob is going to be OK installing it or if we need to get in the professionals. Will report back. In roof leak news, Sunfold are coming back (again) in two weeks time. The rain is rumoured to be letting up next week so at least we can remove the towels and saucepans from the floor. I can't believe it's the middle of July and we've had so few days hanging outside due to the persistent rain! If I hadn't had a week in Croatia recently I'm sure I'd be suffering from seasonal affective disorder.

5 comments:

Sylvester said...

Hi,
I am currently looking for advertising partnerships on sites like yours haybar007.blogspot.com. I believe you will be interested in the offer we have as we have many happy publishers and it is a great way to earn recurring income for your site.
Please email me back expressing your interest in this offer and I will send you through further emails.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon,
Sylvester Jalnaiz

kaybar007 said...

Sylvester - email me an outline: kaybar007 (at) Gmail.com

Paladinoras said...

This is a very interesting blog post you have here! I'll definitely be checking it out more often.

Home Extensions || Sydney House Makeovers

wrystarr said...

Goodness! So the boat's still leaking, eh? Glad to hear you have had a jolly great time in Croatia and hope your enjoying the sunny weather now. Let's just keep our fingers crossed for the weeks to come.


Zigma ground Solutions

Unknown said...

Hey there! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about bathroom remodeler in your area. I am glad to stop by your site and know more about bathroom remodeler. Keep it up! This is a good read. You have such an interesting and informative page. I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well.
Not only do our homeowners benefit from this sophisticated technology, we also provide all our customers with the complete cost of the project upfront. When homeowners are given the full cost at the beginning of the project, this gives them more flexibility in choosing materials and other design elements to see how their choices affect the overall project. Bathroom Remodeler Andover MA