Friday 13 March 2009

Sofa surfing



I just had lunch with a friend who was talking about her beloved Florence Knoll sofa. She doesn't have kids. We have a sort-of 'nod' to a Florence Knoll sofa which will have to do for the foreseeable future (well, until the kids move out probably). This sofa has hardly been used, it got delivered before we actually moved in and then hung around under protective plastic until the extension was built. Not pointing fingers but when someone moved it downstairs in January, our brand new, unused sofa ended up with some very nasty deep scratches right through the leather. No idea how. All I can say is, thank goodness it wasn't an original Florence Knoll sofa or there would've been tears and tantrums... and I don't mean from the kids.

2 comments:

house renovation said...

I did it a few times when I was in Europe. I loved it, the people who participate, for the most part, are very interested in meeting new people and learning about other culture. When I stayed with a Venezuelan living in Brussels. I got plenty of tips I could only get from a local. on top of that, he drove me to Amsterdam, just as a favor. I've also hosted and met tons of awesome people around the world. It's a great way to build up a group of friends in other countries. Having connections abroad can come in super handy.

toyota service said...

I read the blog its great about sofa surfing...........Could anyone out there give me some idea on whether or not 'sofa surfing" is a good/bad idea