Saturday 22 March 2008

Imagining the extension


Image from LivingEtc


I seem to have aquired a lot of photos showing black folding doors, which is quite weird as I thought we were being really adventurous and bold. This image illustrates quite closely how I imagine our extension will look - with folding doors, a similar sized garden and wooden floors.


Instead of a solitary skylight we'll have about four metres of glass on the ceiling running the whole width of the room, also I think we're laying our floor running across the room rather than down it. This serves two purposes - it makes the room seem wider, and it also won't draw your eye to any issues if the lines don't exactly run straight. We're completely sold on the bamboo floor, but I must check whether it's from a sustainable source and if the glue is free of toxins and nasties.


No comments: